A video advisory is circulating on Facebook claiming a so-called “super typhoon Wilma” has entered the Philippines. This is fake and the clip was likely generated using artificial intelligence.
A keyword search in the official social media channels of the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) shows no announcement or advisory from the state weather bureau about the existence of such a “super typhoon.”
First posted by an FB page on Nov. 25, the 16-second video mimics a news report format, with two female anchors claiming:
“Maagang abiso: Kanselado ang pasok bukas hanggang Biyernes dahil nakapasok na ng bansa ang bagyong Wilma na sampung beses ang lakas. Tingnan sa post namin ang mga lugar na walang pasok. Sa mga magulang, huwag nang palabasin ang inyong mga anak dahil super typhoon ang bagyong Wilma. Mag-ingat po tayo.”
(Early advisory: Classes are canceled tomorrow until Friday because Typhoon Wilma, with 10 times more strength, has already entered the country. Check our post for the areas with class suspensions. To parents, please do not let your children go outside because Wilma is a super typhoon. Let’s all stay safe.)
The clip bore the logo of PAGASA, giving the impression that it was legitimate or that the FB page, which uses the news-related keyword “TV” in its name, was affiliated with the agency.
The post’s caption provided a link to what it claimed was an announcement from the state weather bureau, along with two more links where netizens can supposedly check the affected areas and schools with class suspensions.

As of writing, PAGASA’s latest tropical cyclone advisory confirms there is “no active tropical cyclone outside the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR).”
However, in a Nov. 28 public weather forecast, PAGASA weather specialist Benison Estareja said that “within the next six days, there is a possibility that a low pressure area may form in the far east of Mindanao, possibly over the weekend,” citing the state weather bureau’s tropical cyclone threat potential forecast.
Estareja said this may move closer to the landmass “early next week” and could already be inside the PAR on Wednesday and Thursday, affecting eastern portions of Bicol Region, Eastern Visayas, and Caraga Region.
“There is a medium chance that it could develop into a tropical cyclone or reach the tropical depression category upon entering [PAR],” Estareja said, but noted PAGASA’s forecast is still likely to change for this weather disturbance.
Should it develop into a cyclone as it enters the country, it will be named Wilma. However, Estareja belied the circulating claims about the alleged “super typhoon Wilma,” saying “there is no truth to that as of now” and labeled it as “fake news.”
AI-generated video, clickbait links
VERA Files ran the video through two AI detection tools. Hive Moderation detected no AI-generated or deepfake content in the visuals, but indicated that the audio in the clip was likely generated using AI. Four still frames taken from the clip and analyzed on SightEngine further showed over 90% likelihood that the supposed news report was made with AI.
A “Veo” watermark can be seen at the bottom right corner of the video, a tell-tale sign that it was created using the AI video generation tool by Google.
Clicking the two links that supposedly list class suspensions leads to a site showing an outdated red alert status graphic published by the Department of Social Welfare and Development for tropical storm in September. Meanwhile, the third link is just clickbait, redirecting people to an e-commerce page.
VERA Files has previously debunked other similar claims of a super typhoon hitting the country.
Originally published by FB page Nagkakaisang Pilipino TV (created on Nov. 3, 2025), the fake video has so far garnered 25,500 reactions, 842 comments, 7,400 shares and 2.6 million views. Another copy reposted by page Edukasyon News: PH Updates Today (Sept. 15, 2025) has received 23,900 reactions, 734 comments, 7,000 shares and 2.6 million views as of writing.

